Did you know Medicare only pays 80% of your medical bills, and you are responsible for the other 20%? There are two ways to fill this 20% hole in your Medicare plan.

Medicare Advantage 

Medicare Advantage plans called “Part C” or “MA Plans” are an ALL-IN-ONE alternative to original Medicare.  These plans include Part A (Hospital), Part B (Medical), and usually a Part D (Prescription Drug Plan) all rolled into ONE simple plan. Advantage plans are offered by private insurance companies and provide additional benefits such as: vision, dental, hearing, free gym memberships, and more…

Medicare Supplement

A Medicare Supplement (Medigap) policy helps pay some of the health care costs that original Medicare does not cover such as: co-pays, coinsurance and deductibles.

Medigap policies are offered by private insurance companies, and only work with original Medicare. Medicare supplements do not include prescription drug plans.

Medicare Part D

Part D plans also known as Prescription Drug Plans (PDPs) add drug coverage to Original Medicare. Even if you don’t take prescription drugs, you are still required to have a PDP to avoid a late enrollment penalty.